- Do I have to change my input data?
No. HostServe takes in a wide variety of record types
- Can I use my existing Resources?
HostServe imports Fonts, Forms, Graphics, Jobs, and other
common resources. HostServe imports almost all LCDS/DJDE
VIPP, XES PDF, PCL, PostScript, BMP, and TIFF resources.
- Can I add new forms in PDF?
can make up new great looking forms and simply import
them into HostServe and they will replace your older forms.
- Can I change my input from Bus and Tag to TCPIP?
HostServe provides the capability to re-map the DJDE’s
and other parameters when this change is made.
- What is the Quality of the Output?
Great. Users are
often surprised at the improved quality of the output
on the new printers.
- What is the Installation Process?
First get the installation
Guide for your particular conversion from APWI. Then collect
the necessary resources and test files. APWI
- Can I get additional features?
Yes Additional outputs
and index generation to feed content managers is common.
- What type of printers can I use?
If you have documents
that need edge-to-edge printing or can not be reduced
then you need an edge to edge printer. Otherwise a normal
printer is sufficient.
- How are trays and media handled?
There is a separate
tray mapping form each printer. Also, HostServe provides
several types of Media formats, including Media to Tray
- Support Availability and Support Hours?
Normal Support hours are 7:00 AM PST to 5:00 PM PST five
days a week. Up to 24x7 is available at an extra change.
Please see our Support page
for more information.
- Can I mix Conversions and Drivers?
Yes. Since HostServe is modular based, you can buy different
input conversion modules and mix and match it with the
- Can I use my own Hardware?
Yes. Please look at our hardware recommendation for more
- Do you run on a Blade Server?
Yes HostServe can run
as a service. Our tech group will help you make the necessary
- Can I input from UNIX using LPD/LPR?
this needs a little customization depending on the requirements,
i.e. banner page, and printer addressing, etc.
- What sort of Server is required?
A windows workstations
is sufficient. Remember that it must support enough connections
to allow for the necessary inputs and printers.
- Can HostServe share a server?
Of course. But remember
that HostServe has been optimized to convert jobs as rapidly
as possible so it is a little bit of a processor hog when
it is running. This can be tempered by setting the priorities
on the Server.